Sunday, August 10, 2008

Boston vs. Philadelphia 2008 Round 9: Steaks!


The Travel Channel has recently produced a show titled "Steak Paradise." The show features 3 restaurants - 1 located just outside of Boston, and 2 in Philadelphia proper.

In Saugus, MA is the Hilltop Steakhouse. This is a value-oriented steakhouse with a sort of faux Western decor and capacity for 1250 diners. It's been open since 1961. I swear, sometimes I wish I actually liked steak, aside from the occasional burger. Other people seem to get so much enjoyment out of it.




Philadelphia sports two cheesesteak specialty restaurants, the minimalist Pat's King of Steaks, and the colorful (or garish, depending on your view) Geno's Steakhouse. CtI, you should comment on the relative merits of these two, since I've never been to either.

Ok, a nationwide show does steaks and they pick these ones in (or near) our fair cities. Due to Hilltop not actually being IN Boston, and the 2 in Phillie (across the street from each other), I'm afraid I must admit that Philadelphia has won this round.

1 comment:

Cheesesteak the Impaler said...

Total pwnage style schooling of Coddy in the offing re: Philadelphia cheesesteaks. Dude, it's my friggin name....