Thursday, January 3, 2008

Gun Salute to the Firearms of 2007 # 8 9 (Begin Rapid Fire Sequence)

Ok, ok. So we didn't quite finish the volley by year's end. I will that formally speaking, a 21-gun salute consists of seven guns shot simultaneously three times. To wrap things up though, here we begin the final lucky 13 guns of Bostodelphia's 2007 salute in rapid fire sequence:

#9 Everything Mounted on the AC-130 "Spectre/Spooky" Gunship



So likely thinking I was sleeping like some easily duped deputy with my heals up on an open gun cabinet, Coddy tried to get the draw on me with his Walther P22. Now, despite whatever notoriety the P22 may have in its association with the Virginia Tech massacre, some gun bloggers insist the weapon is merely a "fun gun" and not appropriate for killing human beings. Seriously, gun bloggers do belittle those of us trying to dissuade you with death statistics, poo pooing us for our lack of calloused trigger fingers.

Whatever. Fun gun or killing machine, I'm an American. As an American, I tend to overact against both perceived and actual threats with overwhelming firepower:



Note, it would be just like Coddy to try to use some sort of light-bending extraterrestrial-manufactured stealth suit to sneak up on me.

Of course, it's a pain in the ass to have to have pay subway, bus, and cab fare for this crew of racially diverse heavily-armed landscapers. So, when I'm walking through the urban environments of Philadelphia and find myself outgunned or just in a difficult tactical situation ... say my opposition is in a building, or they're around the corner and I don't feel like going after them ... call in an AC-130 "Spooky". The current "Spooky" configuration of the AC-130 carries the following: 1 25 mm GAU/12 Equalizer gatling gun, 1 40 mm L60 Bofors cannon, 1 105 mm M102 howitzer
or 2 30 mm Bushmaster II cannons and 1 105 mm M102 howitzer. I'm not well versed in the Geneva Convention, but I'm pretty sure all this ordinance is considered "anti-material" and not for anti-personal purposes. Nevertheless, the "Spooky," according to this NPR report, is being used in counter-insurgency actions in Iraq, including the arrests of suspected insurgents and fighting in urban areas.

No comments: